Ingredients for burger:
– 8 mini burger buns
– 1 pack of Vegafit Burger
– Vegan cheese
– Fried onions
Ingredients for sauce:
– 1 clove of garlic
– 200g of ketchup
– 4 tbsp brown sugar
– 1 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
– 1 tbsp HP sauce or vegan worcestershire sauce
– 1 tsp smoked paprika powder
– 1 tsp black pepper
– 1 tsp mustard
– 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Start preparing the sauce. Start one hour at the latest before you want to use it. Take a saucepan. Crush the garlic cloves and add all the ingredients for the sauce to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and let the sauce boil for about 15 minutes. Stir well occasionally.
- When finished, you can put the sauce in a container and let it cool.
- Before you start baking the Burgers, preheat the oven for the burger buns as stated on the package.
- Once the sauce has cooled down you can start preparing the burgers. Bake the burgers in the pan for 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Then cut the burgers into four equal pieces. You can put the loose pieces back in the pan with a slice of vegan cheese on each piece. Bake the burgers over low heat for 4 minutes so that the cheese can melt a little. In the meantime, bake the mini burger buns in the oven.
- Once the buns and the burgers are ready, you can start preparing them. Spread the bottom half of the buns with the sauce. Then place the burger on the bun and sprinkle with fried onions.
- As a final step, you can add some extra sauce as desired.