For 2 Cordon Bleurgers
2 bake-off rolls of your choice
200 grams of red cabbage, finely sliced
1 winter carrot, grated
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon date syrup or agave syrup
2 tablespoons lemon juice
pepper and salt
1 onion, in half rings
½ tablespoon vegan margarine
Lettuce mix (approximately 25 grams)
2 Vegafit Cordon Bleu’s
Optional: barbecue sauce
Optional: 2 sticks with a cherry tomato + a pickle
Method of preparation:
- Mix the mayonnaise, mustard, date syrup / agave syrup and lemon juice until a smooth sauce appears.
- Add the sliced red cabbage, spring onion and carrot. Mix well and leave for about 30 minutes. This makes the cabbage a bit softer.
- Melt the margarine on a low heat in a frying pan and fry the onions. Add a little salt.
- Hussel the onions every once in a while, but not too often. If they are nice brown colored, they are ready and can be removed from the pan.
- In the same pan, fry the Cordon Bleu on medium heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Cut open the sandwiches, divide some lettuce over them and put the Cordon Bleu on it. Divide the onions over the sandwiches and add some of them on top of the onion coleslaw. I like it with barbecue sauce, but this is totally optional. Put the cap on the roll and insert a skewer (possibly decorated with a pickle and / or cherry tomato).