Asian beef with rice
Ingredients (4 people):
– 2 Vegafit Steaks (half steak per person)
– Basmati rice for 4 people
– Pack of mini corn on the cob. Cut the corn on the cob in parts of 4
– A pack of snow peas
– 1 red onion cut into small pieces
– Black pepper
– 1 red pepper (seed list removed)
– Garlic powder
For the Asian marinade:
– 60 ML light soy sauce
– 30 ML of sunflower oil
– 3 tablespoons herb vinegar
– Piece of pressed fresh ginger of 2 by 2 cm
– 2 large garlic cloves, pressed
– 1 teaspoon of cornflour
– 2 stalks of spring onion cut into rings
– 4 tablespoons Maple Syrup
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– Red pepper (with or without seed list)
Optional: fresh coriander
Cut the steaks into “beef” pieces. Make a marinade from all the ingredients mentioned for the Asian marinade.
Now place a frying pan on the heat and pour a quarter of the sauce into the frying pan. Let it heat up for a while and then add the beef pieces to the pan and let it cook over medium heat in the sauce. The beef pieces slowly become golden and sticky. Turn over regularly and occasionally add a few spoons of sauce. Save a little bit of sauce. The beef pieces are cooked within 7 minutes. Add the last bit of sauce in the last 30 seconds.
In the meatime, also cook the vegetables until al dente in a wok pan. Fry the red onion with oil. Then add the corncobs and snow peas with black pepper. Bake everything in 5-6 minutes.
Serve the Asian beef with the vegetables, basmati rice, fresh coriander (optional) and a piece of lemon.